Saturday, August 11, 2007

So my last year of Law School starts next Monday (the 20th), kicking off a very big year in my life from August 2007 to August 2008. During that time I will be searching for a job (Hopefully in Austin, Texas), Having a kid, Graduating from Law School, Moving (hopefully to Texas), Studying for the Bar, taking the Bar, and starting a new job.

Yep life will be very busy for the next year, so I'm going to try and enjoy this week as much as possible. So I plan on playing my Wii, watching some DVDs, staying up late every night, and seeing some movies in theaters (mostly on Friday)

Jeri will be heading out of town at the end of the week, so a friend and I are going to hit up the theater and see at least 4 movies. Yes I plan on spending most of this friday in the theater. I have to plan out a schedule to make sure and fit them all in but at this time I plan to see Stardust, Super Bad, The Invasion, and The Bourne Ultimatum. Thank goodness for the cheap tickets they sell here on campus!

Also I'm going to try and watch some movies I've picked up recently and borrowed from friends, including The Game, Munich, Le Samurai, All the Real Girls, North by Northwest, Night of the Living Dorks, Lady in the Water, Disturbia, The Host, and An Evening with Kevin Smith 2. There's no way I'll watch them all but a guy can dream, right?

Also I may be going to spend some time in the Cemetery. The Forever Hollywood Cemetery to be exact. During the summer the FHC has screenings of all kinds of movies for some reason, although not one I'm aware of. But this Thursday the FHC will be screening the pilot episode of Pushing Daises. Again why they're showing this in a cemetery is beyond me but I've always been fascinated with Cemeteries so I'm intrigued. (In the past I've filmed my first short film in a cemetery, using my headlights for lighting, needless to say it didn't work and helped organize a came of hide-and-go-seek in a cemetery, which didn't work out as half the people who said they'd come never showed up and we didn't have enough to actually do more than just take a stroll through the place at midnight, still creepy though) So although I may have to go by myself, I will probably still end up going, because Pushing Daises is simply that good.

So hopefully this week will work out and I'll get to start off my final year of school (hopefully forever!) with a bang!

Updated: I almost forgot we went our with our friends the Grubbs today and Jonathan and I saw Phyllis from The Office! She was in Best Buy shopping by herself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!Life as you know it will be changing very soon!!
Love
Mom (CiCi)

JonGrubbs said...

Dude, I've known you for close to 8 years now, and you still don't know how to spell my last name.

The CineManiac said...

Dude, seriously It's just a typo!

Post a Comment