Tuesday, December 4, 2007


Sorry for the recent lack of posts, I've been studying all the time, but I'm taking a break to bring you some old news!

Recently (last friday) pictures (see above and below) appeared online (at Jalopnik.com) of the new K.I.T.T. from the new Knight Rider Tv Movie/Back-door Pilot. The new car is apparently a 550 HP Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang (whatever that means, I'm not a car person, all I know is it looks sweet)


I happen to know someone working on the production of the pilot, and he was able to confirm this was indeed the new car, and that last week they had taken it out and filmed it for the first time. Apparently they shot it in the dark to make it hard to see what kind of car it was, which I assume means that all you can see is a dark outline and the familiar red light of the "scanner" on the front. Personally I can't wait to see this, maybe it will be used as a preview for the show.

Also confirmed was the fact that David Hasselhoff was already onset to film a part as original Knight Rider, Micheal Knight (no word on if it's just a cameo or a larger role). And it seems sometime in the next two weeks they are taking the car out to film a high speed chase.

One note this is the TV Movie being made by NBC to air sometime this spring, which they hope will turn into a weekly series. At the same time a Big Screen version is gearing up over at Miramax with original creator Glen A. Larson on board. Apparently NBC owns the television rights to the show, while Larson owns the rights to a big screen adaptation. Some think NBC decided to gear up a revival in order to take away from Larson's big screen version, while other rumors are that the success of Transforms got NBC head Ben Silverman interested, and that K.I.T.T. may transform.

You can read a review of the pilot script over at the Televisionary's Blog.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

dude you just gave me a hard on....
well not you K.I.T.T did lol !!

Post a Comment