Wednesday, October 29, 2008



I haven't seen this one in years, in fact I don't remember if I've ever seen the whole thing, although I'm sure I have, I just can't remember it. But Jeri really wanted to start a tradition of watching it every year as Halloween approaches, especially as Owen grows up.

I guess most everyone knows about this one as it is a classic, bu just in case: The Peanuts gang celebrates Halloween, with Linus hoping that, finally, he will be visited by The Great Pumpkin; while Charlie Brown is invited to a Halloween party.

It's one I'm looking forward to seeing again, almost for the first time as I remember nothing about it. And if you can't get enough of people waiting on Pumpkins I've got two bonus shows for you to watch this year, one's I know I'll be watching.




First up: The Simpsons Tree House of Horror XIX and the segment "It's the Grand Pumpkin, Milhouse": A parody of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, in which the Grand Pumpkin comes to life and becomes upset with human beings carving up pumpkins, so it tries to eat everyone. Of course as is a Simpsons Tradition you'll have to wait until after Halloween to actually watch it. It airs on Nov 2.




Second: One of my favorite Halloween episodes around, from the first Season of How I Met Your Mother "The Slutty Pumpkin." Ted spends his Halloween waiting for the "slutty pumpkin" (which has strategically placed holes) that he met at the Halloween party on his roof in 2001. Ted knows that the girl has studied penguins and can make an alcoholic Tootsie Roll (by combining KahlĂșa and Root beer) however, he lost her phone number when Lily gave out a Kit Kat with the girl's phone number on it. Thus, he waits around at the same party every year, dressed as a hanging chad (his "hilarious" costume from 2001), waiting for the "slutty pumpkin" to come.

And there you go folks: 3 prime Halloween treats all featuring characters waiting on a pumpkin. Enjoy!

2 comments:

jana said...

Yea! The boys and I watched this movie together Tuesday night. I'm so glad the networks are bringing back these classics.

jana said...

Who's the winner of the starter wife bag?

Post a Comment