Friday, August 21, 2009

AVATAR
Well yesterday the trailer that crashed the internet was released and after my initial response of Holy Crow That's Incredible! I rewatched and realized it still looks good, just not as mind blowingly amazing and revolutionary as Cameron had teased.  Mainly my first reaction being so good was because I was under the impression that the movie was completely CG and thought the scenes with real actors was incredible.  But since they are just real people, not as blown away.  But it still looks good to me, and as I said on Facebook yesterday, in response to someone commenting that "Avatar will push filmmaking to new technical zeniths, but have no story."  I still think it has a story. This is James Cameron, the man who gave us Terminator, Aliens, T2, The Abyss, True Lies, and Titanic.  So check it out below:

The Wolfman
As a kid I was a huge fan of the Universal Monsters, even though I had never seen a single one of the movies.  Instead I read all these books they had at the library about them, and I couldn't get enough.  At that same time I discovered a favorite movie of mine, Monster Squad, that featured slightly altered versions of the Universal Monsters, because Universal wouldn't give them the rights (I've included that trailer below The Wolfman trailer)  So I was admittedly excited when The Wolfman was announced, but my excitement has dimmed since the movie has been pushed back time and again.  So when the new trailer came out yesterday I was prepared to be excited.  And while the trailer is nice, it didn't have me jumping for joy.  In fact I kept thinking "Shouldn't I be more excited than this?"  It's a decent trailer for a movie that has a lot of promise and a great cast, but something doesn't click for me.  Hopefully once I see the film I'll feel differently.

Monster Squad
</object>

Gentleman Broncos
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this one.  From the Writer/Director of Napoleon Dynamite comes the tale of a teen writer who enters his novel into a contest only to have it ripped off by a hack writer (Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords).  The movie also has fantasy sequences that show each of the writers' version of the story with Moon's Sam Rockwell.  It's weird and a bit reminiscent of ND, so take a look and let me know what you think.

Me and Orson Wells
This last one I can honestly say looks great to me.  I am a fan of Zach Efron (if you haven't seen 17 Again, do yourself a favor and rent it) and when I first heard about this movie I was really excited.  This short trailer only heightens me excitement, because it looks as if this is Efron's first movie that is aimed at adults rather than teeny-boppers. Plus it has the beautiful Claire Danes, so really how could it go wrong?

Posted via email from the_cinemaniac's posterous

0 comments:

Post a Comment