Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I have a lot of "favorite shows" in fact when I sit around talking about TV, I use the phrase "one of my favorites" to describe shows quite frequently. Glee, Chuck, Modern Family, White Collar, Justified, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and many more fall under the "One of my favorites" category. But there are some that stand out, some that I have to watch when they air or as soon as humanly possible. One of the shows in this category is Psych, which returns tonight at 10/9c on USA.

Psych is a perfect blend of my two favorite genres, Comedy and Mystery, and it almost always hits it's mark. As James Roday's fake psychic Shawn and Dule Hill's loyal best friend Gus mix their wacky brand of humor with solving crimes I am always in stiches as I sit trying to solve the crime myself.

Although at times, like last season's harrowing season finale, the show can be darker and more heart-felt than others. So after the cliff-hanger of last season, I am greatly anticipating the new 5th season. I know we'll have to wait to find out exactly what Shawn's connection is with the evil Mr. Yang, but I'm hoping we don't have to wait as long to find out is he and Maggie Lawson's Juliet will finally get together after 4 years of will they/won't they drama.

On tonight's episode as Shawn and Gus are caught between two rival Chinese Triad families as they search for one of the leader’s abducted daughter. Meanwhile, Juliet deals with the traumatic effects of her kidnapping (by Mr. Yin) in last season’s finale. Also, Shawn’s father Henry (Corbin Bernsen) starts his new position with the Santa Barbara police department, taking charge of Shawn and Gus.

Below, some new promos for the season as well as a White Collar Mash-Up:








0 comments:

Post a Comment