Wednesday, January 23, 2008



In a sad turn of events actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his New York Apartment today. Updated: Police are saying that the death was accidental, but sleeping pills were found around his body.

Ledger began his career in Australia before moving to America. His first American role was in '10 Things I Hate About You' the teen Shakespeare adaptation of the 'Taming of the Shrew'. His other roles included "Monster's Ball," "A Knight's Tale," and "The Patriot."

This summer Ledger will be on the big screen as the Joker in "The Dark Knight," a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins."

Ledger was filming "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" for director Terry Gilliam, no word on how this will affect the film.

Ledger leaves behind a daughter, Matilda, from his relationship with actress Michelle Williams.

Ledger was 28.

I have to admit I've been allowing this news to process for a couple of hours now and I'm really bummed about this. Ledger was one of the best actors of his/my generation. He was a year older than me and now he's dead. I seriously don't understand it. He's made a lot of good films over the years and I think he had a great career ahead of him. I've been looking forward to The Dark Knight and the trailer really showcased his talents and got me even more excited for the movie. I'm still excited about seeing it, but it will be with a heavy heart that I watch his final role.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ledger's family, especially his little girl.

1 comments:

Ben said...

Hey, I just watched The Four Feathers in HL's memory. I remember when it came out, but i don't recall hearing much press about it. I'm surprised, because I thought it was really pretty good. I didn't love the ending, but overall I liked the movie a lot.

Post a Comment