Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So this may be the coolest news of the Month, if not the year.

The God-Among-Men Genius that is Joss Whedon has teamed up with two Whedon-verse alum, Nathan Fillion (Firefly) and Felicia Day (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and "The Barnicle" himself, Neil Patrick Harris, to create a web musical.

"Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" stars NPH as Dr. Horrible, a supervillian who keeps getting beaten up by Fillion's superhero, Captain Hammer. And Felicia Day is the beautiful girl in Horrible's life. The webseries will consist of three 10 min episodes, and filming started last week.

NPH broke the news during an interview over at AICN, and was soon confirmed by Joss Whedon over at Whedonesque.com. In his post Whedon said "During the strike I started writing a musical intended as a limited internet series, 3 episodes of approximately 10 minutes each. Writing with me was my brother Jed, his fiancee Maurissa, and my other brother Zack. To my shock and surprise, we finished it."

Although Whedon wouldn't give much detail on the series he did say "It's the story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to. And I'm having the time of my life."

Personally I LOVE Whedon and it was one of the great moments of my life to meet him back in December, as he's one of the nicest guys around. And NPH is behind the funniest character currently on TV with How I Met Your Mother's Barney. Throw in Fillion and song and dance and I'm sold. The series' first episode hasn't even hit the net and I'm already hoping for more than the original 3 webisodes.

Thursday I'm heading to Hollywood to the Paley Center for Media's Buffy the Vampire Reunion Panel, and hoping there will be some more details revealed, and if all goes well maybe I'll get the chance to ask Whedon himself for a comment on the project. Keep watch here for more details as they become available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment