Friday, October 30, 2009


When I was in 4th grade I had a friend named Jesse. Jesse and I used to spend the night at each other's houses all the time. Now, I remember playing cops and robbers (mainly because one time I had my hands handcuffed behind my back and fell and busted my face since I couldn't use my hands to stop me), but more than any of the games we played I remember the movies we watched, specifically the one movie we watched every time we stayed over together, The Monster Squad.


If you're not in the know, Monster Squad is basically The Goonies with the Universal Monsters. Except the producers couldn't get the rights to the Universal Monsters and had to make slight changes to make them just different enough to not be copyright infringement. So it's basically a rip-off of The Goonies and a rip-off of the classic Universal Monsters. And it's also amazing!


You can read the rest of the article over at
DVD Snapshot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment