Tuesday, September 14, 2010


Today I arrived home from lunch to find a very welcome gift sitting on my front porch, Glee: The Complete First Season on Blu-ray!  I'm not lying when I say that I was so happy I actually danced a jig.  The show's title is completely accurate, in fills me with Glee every time I hear a song, watch an episode, or even find it on my doorstep.

If you don't know, Glee was one of last season's biggest hits.  The series follows teacher Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) as he tries to take his school's Glee club from a bunch of rag tag losers to competition winning singers.  Filled with amazing musical numbers, award winning performances (Both Jane Lynch and Neil Patrick Harris won Emmys for their performances last season), and touching plot lines, Glee is one of the most hard to define shows on TV.  The series spans from musical to comedy to drama, I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry multiple times during the show's first season.

The new release is filled with special features including featurettes on Madonna, the Style of Glee, choreography, Jane Lynch, and more.  The Blu-ray also offers a wonderful visual commentary of the pilot featuring many members of both the cast and crew.  But the best special feature is hands down the Glee Music Jukebox which allows you to watch the many different musical performances all by themselves.  You can either choose which performance you want to watch, watch them all in order, or my personal favorite, put it on shuffle.  As I write this I'm in the 27th minute of the jukebox, and that's just on Disc 1!

And if the 1st Season being available isn't enough to tide you over until next week's Season 2 premiere, there's much more to meet your Glee needs.  And if you already bought the Glee: Road to Regionals DVD be sure to head over here to find out how to get your Gleebate.


Glee Your Life Application Figure out the theme song to your life through this fun and insightful question and answer application. We all live our lives differently and they are constantly changing and so would our theme songs if we were characters in a TV show. This application will tell you what song best fits your life as it is now.

Detention…With Sue! Send your friends and loved ones to detention with the nefarious Sue (via Facebook Connect)!  Once in detention, Sue begins to berate the friend, nonstop and without fail.  Their picture will begin to deteriorate as Sue’s lecture goes on and eventually evaporate into dust. During the lecture, they will not be able to navigate away until the detention period has ended will be able to shoot spitwads at Sue, but beware, if they hit her in the head, it extends Detention!

0 comments:

Post a Comment