Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Out on DVD today is The Haunting of Molly Hartley. This hit theaters towards the end of last year and I didn't hear much about it or hear from anyone who saw it. But looking it up online I was surprised how many familar faces there are in it, at least if you own a TV.


The movie centers on Molly (Haley Bennett, College, Marley & Me, Music & Lyrics) a 17 year old girl who has physically recovered from a stab wound inflicted by her mother. Although the scars have healed the mental trama still affects her. Her father, trying to help her recover, has moved her to a new school. But the stress of a new school seems to cause her even more emotional problems and it looks like she may end up as crazy as her mother. But it's far worse than she realized when she discovers she destined to be a servant for the Devil.


Or something like that, to be honest the copy I was sent is sitting unwatched next to the Blu-Ray player because I haven't had time to get to it. But I remember thinking the commercials looked decent and I've been on a horror kick recently so I hope to check it out soon.


Now back to those familiar faces, among the cast are Shannon Marie Woodward of The Riches, Psych, and if I'm think Greek, although that one's not listed on her IMDB. We also have Jake Weber, as the dad, who you may recognize from Medium or American Gothic. And for the CW Teens we've got Gossip Girls' Chase Crawford and 90210's AnnaLynne McCord.

And for you Bonus feature nuts you've got, pretty much nothing as it includes a few interviews with the cast and crew.


I can't tell you if it's good or not, but personally I plan on giving it a chance soon, and let you know if you should pick it up, rent it, or skip it completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment