Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yesterday's Quote:


Now the sun will be up in an hour or so, and we can all get out of here together. You, me, Linda, Shelly. Hmm... Well... not Shelly, she? We'll all be going home together. Wouldn't you like to be going home? I bet you'd like that, wouldn't you? Scott?


Comes from 1981's Evil Dead starring Bruce Campbell. It's a great film and one I enjoy watching every once in a while, although I think Army of Darkness, the 3rd film in the series, is my favorite.

Today's quote is a bit of a toughy. The movie came out the year I graduated high school and the man saying the line is one Fury of a man:

You think water moves fast? You should see ice. It moves like it has a mind. Like it knows it killed the world once and got a taste for murder. After the avalanche, it took us a week to climb out. Now, I don't know exactly when we turned on each other, but I know that seven of us survived the slide... and only five made it out. Now we took an oath, that I'm breaking now. We said we'd say it was the snow that killed the other two, but it wasn't. Nature is lethal but it doesn't hold a candle to man.

Happy Guessing! And again try not to google. It's more fun if you don't know and just guess past on the quote itself and the cluse.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2009/02/17/most-peculiar-cinematic-trend-of-the-year.aspx

weird.

The CineManiac said...

Yeah I've heard about this it's weird sounding, but might get me to read Jane Austen for the first time.
Apparently it's the real book with some extra chapters added.

Post a Comment