Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcome to another edition of Tune-In Tonight where we'll look at what shows you should be checking out tonight and what I'll be avoiding like the plague.

USA
10/9c - Burn Notice


This is probably the show I'm most excited about tonight as it's one of my favorites. On tonight's episode, which I unfortunately don't have a clip of this week, Micheal must adjust to working with Gilroy as his new partner while helping his drug-dealing neighbor (the same guy from the pilot?) who is seeking protection from a crew of thieves.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode after last week's. I know some people thought Micheal's El Diablo cover was a bit too over the top, but I loved it. The suit, the whisper, blowing things up with the snap of a finger. Sure it was over the top, but for me it was just right and worked perfectly.

ABC

8/7c - The Deep End
8/9c -Grey Anatomy
10/9c - Private Practice

If my TV makes it to ABC tonight it's clearly be accident, because this may be the worst 3 hour block of television on any schedule this year. The Deep End looks horrid and as an attorney I have no interest in watching sexy people get paid much more than I do, doing a better job than they do. Grey's used to be good, but was over before they killed off George which was the final nail in the coffin for me. And Private Practice really didn't even start off good. It was just more vapid people doing things no one cares about and fighting and complaining about being lonely for an hour. Bleh!

NBC
8/7c - Community / Parks & Recreation
9/8c - The Office / 30 Rock
10/9c - Honestly No Clue!

I will be watching Community, The Office, and 30 Rock this evening, as these are easily three of the funniest shows on TV on a fairly consistent basis. I don't know what NBC is airing in the 10 o'clock block as they canceled Leno early, but as long as it's not Leno it's an improvement.
You can see a preview of tonight's episodes of Community, Parks & Recs, and 30 Rock below:







CBS
8/7c - Surviving Survivor
9/8c - CSI
10/9c - The Mentalist

I watched exactly one season of Survivor so the special airing tonight, which probably has something to do with it being the 10th-ish anniversary of the show, is not my cup of tea. CSI is a great show, but I usually just catch up on reruns on Spike occasionally. But I will be watching The Mentalist as it's an intriguing and often hilarious procedural, even if it is a rip-off of the far superior Psych.

FOX
8/7c - Bones
9/8c - Fringe

I made it about 5 episodes into the first season of both of these series. Although they're both great from what I've seen, I've got other stuff to watch.

Comedy Central
10/9c - Important Things with Demetri Martin
10:30/9:30c - The Sarah Silverman Show

I'm a huge fan of Demetri Martin so I'm looking forward to tonight's season premiere. I wish I could say the same thing about Sarah Silverman, but she just annoys the hell out of me. You can see clips from both shows below.

Important Things with Demetri Martin
Preview - One-Night Stand
www.comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games



The Sarah Silverman Program
Back to Back Music Video
www.comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games

0 comments:

Post a Comment